Monday, April 14, 2008

Beware- this one is really rough

Photography by Stanley J. Forman


"Forman was already an accomplished photographer. The previous year, he had followed a firetruck to the scene of a fire in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood. He instinctively ran to the back of the building, where he saw a fireman climbing down from the roof onto a fifth-floor fire escape to rescue a 19-year-old girl and her 2-year-old goddaughter. As a firetruck extended its ladder toward the girls and their would-be rescuer, the fire escape collapsed."

http://www.slate.com/id/2188648/slideshow/2188675/fs/0//entry/2188672/


1 comment:

La Kaje said...

this really really upset me when you showed it to me a few weeks ago, stayed with me. Just now I had to look past it, not really digest it. A few hours after you had me look at it I was sitting on Giovanna's fire escape with her and Nzingha...